Institutional crypto investing is becoming more sophisticated and growing to include more funds and investors each day. But crypto fund admin has lagged, leaving GPs with no good options for managing investments on a single platform.
Now, Carta provides crypto fund administration. We’ve updated our tech platform to start natively supporting crypto assets and added crypto specialists to our team. You can use Carta to manage your entire portfolio, including digital assets.
If your fund plans to invest more than 20% of assets under management in token holdings or other non-qualifying venture investments, you’ll be paired with a Carta Crypto fund administrator who has experience with registered investment advisors (RIAs) investing in crypto. Whether you’re managing a traditional fund or an RIA, our team can help you form your crypto fund, as well as provide administrative support through the fund’s lifecycle.
Manage your entire portfolio on one platform
Now you can:
- Centralize all crypto holdings, valuations, and investment updates on Carta
- Run your capital call and distribution processes in USD, stablecoins, or tokens in-kind
- Track staking rewards in the Carta general ledger
- Monitor on-chain and off-chain transactions in one system
- Share capital statements, financials, and tax documents securely, using a modern interface that tens of thousands of LPs already trust
- Store your wallet addresses easily
- Access transaction hashes and store the NFT floor prices you bought at
- Get updated crypto token valuations through our integration with CoinMarketCap
Since we built crypto on top of our existing fund admin software and services, you’ll also be able to:
- View fund metrics on Carta’s GP Dashboard
- Pull updated financial reports at your convenience for efficient LP reporting
- Create waterfall analyses of company investments with our scenario modeling tools
LPs and auditors—particularly institutional LPs—sometimes prefer that funds investing in crypto store their assets with third-party custodians. Custodians track and safely store transaction hashes, purchase prices, and wallet addresses.
Carta integrates seamlessly with several digital asset custodians trusted by LPs, including Fireblocks, Anchorage, and Coinbase Prime. These integrations allow Carta to automatically import transactions from your custodian—saving you time and helping keep your fund performance metrics more up-to-date.
Build with an in-house team of experts
By choosing Carta as your fund administration partner, you’ll also have access to our team of industry experts. With decades of combined experience at top asset management firms, the Carta fund admin team gives strategic advice to the hundreds of funds that use the Carta platform.
Your Carta fund administrator can help you:
- Request or complete ASC 820 valuations
- Conduct KYC checks so your fund stays audit-ready
- Ensure an easy and efficient closings experience for you and your LPs using Carta Closings
- Stay up to date on tax and audit procedures
- Get introductions to trusted third-party tax and audit partners who specialize in crypto
Keep up with pending crypto regulation
Crypto regulation is in flux. In the U.S., the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) are both attempting to assert regulatory authority over crypto assets. Meanwhile, dueling Senate bills for establishing crypto regulatory frameworks await congressional action after the midterm elections. The outcomes of these developments will shape the future of crypto investment.
Based in Washington, D.C., Carta’s policy team tracks critical developments in private market policymaking and provides insights to the fund administration team. GPs and LPs can also get updates on private market policy by subscribing to the Carta Policy Weekly Brief.
Reach out for a demo
Get the expertise you need to form and manage your crypto fund with Carta Crypto. To learn more, reach out for a demo from a member of the Carta team:
Have ideas for additional features and integrations? Send suggestions to: email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE: This communication is on behalf of eShares Inc., d/b/a Carta Inc. (“Carta”). This communication is for informational purposes only, and contains general information only. Carta is not, by means of this communication, rendering accounting, business, financial, investment, legal, tax, or other professional advice or services. This publication is not a substitute for such professional advice or services nor should it be used as a basis for any decision or action that may affect your business or interests. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your business or interests, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. This communication is not intended as a recommendation, offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security. Carta does not assume any liability for reliance on the information provided herein. ©2022 eShares Inc., d/b/a Carta Inc. (“Carta”). All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners in the U.S. and other countries, and are used for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply affiliation or endorsement.